Ringgold is a city located in Catoosa County, Georgia. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 2,422. The city is the county seat of Catoosa County. Catoosa County had a population of were 53,282 people and 15,400 families residing in the county. Ringgold is full of history, such as the Anderson-Whitman House that was built in 1858. It served as headquarters for Union Army, General Ulysses S. Grant, during the civil war after the Battle of Ringgold. The Depot was built in 1849, which has recently been restored to preserve the historical heritage and is rented out for all occasions. The Ringgold Depot also marks of the end of Andrews Raiders, which stole the steam engine, the "General" with intent of destroying railroad bridges. This would have cause the loss of supply lines for the confederate soldiers.
Most homes in Catoosa County have a mailing address of Ringgold. Outside of the small historic city Ringgold is primarily a mixture of subdivisions and rural homes, ranches, and farms. It has become a favorite for families looking to get a little more home and land for the money while still being extremely convenient to Chattanooga. Additionally attractive to those wishing to buy real estate in the Chattanooga area is the lower property tax and sales tax in Ringgold, Georgia.